5 small green bell peppers
1 cup uncooked rice
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup shredded cheese – your choice I like jack
1/2 cup minced onion
1/2 cup salsa
1 can chili beans
1 t cumin
1/2 t cayenne pepper
1/2 t salt
- Cook the rice according to package directions. I used a rice cooker so I don’t count this step as cooking.
- Wash and dry the bell peppers. Slice the bell peppers in half from the top to bottom. Carefully remove the seeds and membranes.
- After the rice is cooked preheat the grill to medium/high heat. You need indirect heat so turn on the outside burners and leave the inside burners off.
- Pour the rice into a large bowl. Add beans, onions, salsa, seasonings, corn, and 1/2 cup of cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Scoop the rice mixture into each bell pepper, filling to the top.
- Grill for 10 minutes on indirect heat.
- Top the peppers with the remaining cheese and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Remove from grill and enjoy!