Tired of constantly reaching for the same Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce? I mean don't get me wrong, it's delicious... but sometimes I want to invent my own concoction! Here is a simple step by step guide on how to make your own special sauce!
Step #1: Gather Your Ingredients
- 1 15 oz. can Muir Glen Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1 6 oz. can Muir Glen Organic Tomato Paste
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce* (can omit if you can't find a nice clean one in your grocery store)
- 1 tbsp molasses or raw honey (use molasses for extra dark coloring)
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika**
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce (use 1 tsp if you like more of a kick)
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Optional: 1 tsp cayenne
- Step #2: Heat the Oil
Step #2: Mix it up
Combine all of your ingredients into a large pot and mix well!
Step #3: Boil it
Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Step #4: Adjust
Taste your mixture and adjust to how you like your sauce!
This recipe sounds delicious, and would add some serious flavor to any of your bbq! If you want, don't be afraid to experiment with any other seasonings you think would compliment your sauce!