Looking for something simple to spice up your grilling? Look no further, we got you. This New York Strip Steak Recipe will satisfy your tastebuds while saving time at the grill!
- 2 8-ounce New York Strip Steaks, 1 inch thick
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Remove steaks from packaging and dry with paper towels.
- Lightly season both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Rest for 30 minutes.
- Place steaks on hot preheated grill (450°F to 650°F) for approximately 3 minutes per side to make sear marks. (Use tongs to turn.)
- Depending on thickness of steaks and desired doneness, you may also rotate the steaks about 90 degrees to form cross-hatch sear marks.
- Turn the heat down to medium and move steaks away from the direct heat, either to the warming rack or to the other side of the grill so the steak can finish cooking.
- Check for doneness using an instant-read thermometer (130°F for rare doneness).
- Remove steaks from grill and allow to rest for at least 2 minutes on a warm plate or platter. (The steaks will continue to cook while resting and raise to approximately 140°F for medium rare.)